1. Represents the interests of the students of the Dominican School to the President of the Dominican School, to the staff representative to the Association, and to the Board of Trustees, with voice but no vote at Board meetings.
2. Convenes and chairs meetings of the Student Council and the students of the Dominican School.
3. Coordinates student activities as decided by the Student Council at its first meeting before the beginning of the Fall semester and those that develop during the academic year.
4. Elicits initiatives from the students of the Dominican School through the Student Council.
5. Has the power of appointment, with the consent of the majority of the Student Council, regarding (i) membership in the Student Council and (ii) membership in the composition of ad hoc committees.
6. Appoints, with the consent of the majority of the Executive Committee, a Liturgy Representative-at-Large and up to two other Representatives-at-Large.
7. May authorize, with the consent of the Treasurer and the Student Council, the disbursement of sums.
8. Shall establish regular channels for the exchange of views and information with other member schools and affiliated centers of the GTU and the GTU student organizations in order to better inform the students of the Dominican School of academic and social activities ongoing in the GTU community. The President shall likewise inform these member schools of the GTU of the activities and interests sponsored by the Dominican School.