Am I Eligible for Aid?
New, first-time applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time in a DSPT degree program (including GTU MA)
- Register for at least 9-semester units of coursework each semester. Initial award amounts are based on a 12-unit enrollment. If a student registers for less than 12 units, the award amount is reduced proportionately. In no cases is an award made for more than 12-semester units.
Returning students who have previously received aid must:
- Submit a new financial aid application for scholarship and grants-in-aid each year. Students who have received institutional aid in the previous academic year are not automatically granted aid for the next year. Students must submit new applications by the priority deadline of March 1.
Members of religious communities:
- It is not the policy of DSPT to award institutional aid to members of religious communities.
- Visit FAFSA to determine their eligibility for Federal Student Aid. If you do qualify, please follow the instructions above.
- If you do not qualify, you may still apply for DSPT Scholarships and Grants using our Scholarship Grant Application. As part of your application, please include a written explanation of why you are unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students in the following categories are NOT eligible for a scholarship or grant-in-aid awards:
- MA Students who are in Continuation status N.B. Students in Continuation status may be eligible for other forms of financial aid and should contact the Financial Aid Director at DSPT for more information.
- Certificate (CTS) or Special Students.