Enter Program Completion Information Here
Navigating the final requirements in order to graduate can be challenging. We hope this outline will make this easier for you.
All Degree Students - complete by the semester before you graduate
- Intent to Graduate form - Due: Oct 1 (Fall); Feb 1 (Spring)
- Advisor approved Program Checklist - Due: Oct 1 (Fall); Feb 1 (Spring ).
- Graduation Checklist signed by various departments (graduation and thesis filing fees should be paid to the Business Office. Due: Nov 1 (Fall); April 6 (Spring)
- Graduating Student Questionnaire. Mandatory online survey for all DSPT graduates - approx. 20 minutes to complete. Due: Spring
MA Thesis Students - complete by the 3rd semester
- Schedule your MA Thesis committee members and then contact the Registrar.
- Submit Thesis Defense Form and Thesis Review Form to thesis Coordinator for signing
- File completed thesis forms with Registrar. Due: within 48 hours of the defense.
Thesis Preparation and Filing
- 3 copies (2 - GTU Library, 1 - DSPT archives) Due: Oct. 1 (Fall ); April 6 (Spring).
- Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines and Approval – Students in a DSPT MA program follow all of the formatting guidelines for the GTU Common MA EXCEPT that the title page should read as follows: “A thesis by [Name] presented to The Faculty of the Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology at the Graduate Theological Union in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts (Philosophy) …” Read Thesis Guidelines Library Format for current paper and weight regulations. Recommendation: show your thesis to a reference librarian before producing final copies.
- Submit 3 signed copies and completed Library Approval of Thesis Format form to GTU Reference Librarian for inspection and approval.
- Return the signed approval form and 3 final theses copies to the DSPT Registrar to be submitted for binding.
Congratulations! If you follow these guidelines then all of your required paperwork will be submitted on time and your name will be placed on the approval list for graduation. The Registrar will contact you in the Spring with Commencement notices.