See DSPT 2020
Join us to experience life as a student! An eventful, three-day campus immersion, February 19-21, 2020.
The Dominican School of Philosophy & Theology is a graduate school in the heart of Berkeley, where students gather as a “community of scholars” to study philosophy and theology in order to advance the Catholic tradition in all areas of life. This event will offer a variety of activities and events to introduce you to the academic and community life of DSPT.
There's nothing quite like experiencing DSPT on campus. The physical spaces of our campus and our classrooms are an integral part of our distinctive Thomistic education. Each year, we enroll many students who tell us that the See DSPT event was the “clincher” for deciding to enroll with us. If you're looking for the best way to explore the programs, people and places of DSPT, this is your opportunity!
Open Registration begins January 1st - Register by February 1st for travel stipends!
What should you expect? You'll be a guest of DSPT and we'll make sure you get access to the best of DSPT's offering. Each attendee receives a personalized itinerary prior to the event. Highlights include:
- Invitation to the 2020 Aquinas Lecture on Feb. 19, featuring our own Justin Gable, OP
- An array of classes to visit in philosophy, theology, history, liturgy, and more
- Opportunities to meet with faculty to discuss areas of shared interest and get your questions answered
- Socials with students, faculty and staff over meals hosted by the school
- Learn about the resources provided to students by the Graduate Theological Union and UC Berkeley
- A presentation from faculty on the distinctiveness of Dominican education in philosophy and theology
- Info sessions on financial aid, costs of attendance, and housing options
- Access to the San Francisco Bay Area - parks, food, art, music, and more!
The Come and See Week is open to all applicants and admitted students, as well as those who are simply wondering if DSPT might be a good fit for them. We encourage both locals and travellers to attend. If you're coming from a parish, school, or faith formation program, we welcome groups! Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend as many of the scheduled events as possible. We'll do our very best to work around your schedule.
DSPT can help you with your travel!
Travel stipends are available for those who register early to help cover both travel and lodging costs. We can also offer limited accommodations at the beautiful, historic St. Albert's Priory, home to Bay Area Dominicans
Early registration ends February 1st. While we'll do our best to accommodate your financial needs, we can't guarantee stipends or Priory lodging after this date.